Carolina Speech Connections is a private speech therapy practice located in Monroe/Union County Area of North Carolina. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual to join our team as a full-time speech therapist.
The person selected to fill this position will work with children and adults with a variety of diagnoses to help them move towards and meet developmental milestones. Diagnoses range in severity, complexity, and co-morbidity, including but no limited to: Dysphagia, Autism, Down Syndrome, Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy, Traumatic Brain Injury, neurological conditions, and various genetic conditions. Services will be delivered mostly in the home or daycare setting, with some patients being seen in our clinic.
A successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Sciences & Disorders, or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- Valid North Carolina Speech-Language Pathology License.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or participating in the Clinical Fellowship (CF).
- Ability to pass a background screening, drug test, & driver history check.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Maximum of three vehicle infractions within the last two (2) years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assessment, evaluation, and treatment of all referred patients.
- Appropriate and timely development of Plan of Care for patients served.
- Establish treatment goals and milestones with patients
- Appropriate and timely documentation of progress toward goals.
- Appropriate and timely communication of patient status to members of their interdisciplinary team.
- Counsels, educates, and instructs patients and their families regarding their speech-language therapy treatment.
- Attend patient care team meetings, IFSP & IEP Meetings, and other conference as requested.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs
- Attend and participate in mandatory in-service training.
- Perform other duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
All candidates must speak, read, and write the English language fluently.
Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
Application for Employment
Please email the completed application and your resume to Careers@Carolinaspeech.org